GET ACTIVE SPORTS NOW HIRING!!
Careers with Get Active Sports
Position Available: Active Care Play Worker
The main purpose of the Play Worker is to assist the co-ordinator in providing a caring, secure environment, through individual attention, group activities and to organise an appropriate range of leisure activities for children between the ages of 4 and 11.
The sessions will range from: sports-based activities, team-based games and arts and crafts.
The role will reward the successful applicant with a competitive session rate and bonus scheme depending on experience and qualifications.
Morning: 07:00am – 8:45am
Afternoon: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
There is a potential for additional opportunities during school holidays delivering a variety of activities at our Holiday Camps.
£9.00 – £15.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- A keen interest and passion in working with and facilitating fun games for primary-aged children
- Demonstrate willingness to develop their skills and coaching ability
- Punctual, Reliable & Committed
- Has experience in delivering activities to primary-aged children
- Strong communication & organisational skills
- Able to interact professionally with children, teachers, and parents
- Clean UK driver’s license (Not Essential)
- Experience in working in a childcare setting
- Completed appropriate courses at Sixth Form, College or University
Duties & Responsibilities for this role:
- Deliver sessions that are challenging, realistic & fun for primary-aged children
- Create a positive learning environment for the children in our care
- Deliver the coaching programme to a high standard consistently.
- To understand the individual needs of the children in our care and challenge/engage them appropriately.
- Deal with any first aid/emergency situation following our policies.
- Approachable in liaising with parent/carers.
- To be committed in ensuring every session is delivered to the best of your ability.
- Be creative and passionate in your delivery.
You will be provided with:
- A professional uniform
- Opportunities for progression and additional work opportunities.
- Free Childcare at our provisions for primary age children
- Staff Referral Bonus
- Termly Staff Social Events
- Free Training and monthly CPD
- Attendance Bonuses
- Competitive Rate of Pay