GET ACTIVE SPORTS NOW HIRING!!
Careers with Get Active Sports
Position Available: Active Care Play Worker
The main purpose of the Play Worker is to assist the co-ordinator in providing a caring, secure environment, through individual attention, group activities and to organise an appropriate range of leisure activities for children between the ages of 4 and 11.
The sessions will range from: sports-based activities, team-based games and arts and crafts.
The role will reward the successful applicant with a competitive session rate and bonus scheme depending on experience and qualifications.
NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Morning: 07:00am – 8:45am
Afternoon: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
There is a potential for additional opportunities during school holidays delivering a variety of activities at our Holiday Camps.
£10.00 – £13.00 per hour, depending on experience.
*Pay is dependant on age, Experience and Qualifications*
*Holiday work available for an hourly rate*
- A keen interest and passion in working with and facilitating fun games for primary-aged children
- Demonstrate willingness to develop their skills and coaching ability
- Punctual, Reliable & Committed
- Has experience in delivering activities to primary-aged children
- Strong communication & organisational skills
- Able to interact professionally with children, teachers, and parents
- Clean UK driver’s license (Not Essential)
- Experience in working in a childcare setting
- Completed appropriate courses at Sixth Form, College or University
Duties & Responsibilities for this role:
- Deliver sessions that are challenging, realistic & fun for primary-aged children
- Create a positive learning environment for the children in our care
- Deliver the coaching programme to a high standard consistently.
- To understand the individual needs of the children in our care and challenge/engage them appropriately.
- Deal with any first aid/emergency situation following our policies.
- Approachable in liaising with parent/carers.
- To be committed in ensuring every session is delivered to the best of your ability.
- Be creative and passionate in your delivery.
You will be provided with:
- A professional uniform
- Opportunities for progression and additional work opportunities.
- Free Childcare at our provisions for primary age children
- Staff Referral Bonus
- Termly Staff Social Events
- Free Training and monthly CPD
- Attendance Bonuses
- Competitive Rate of Pay
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance. Once successful the candidate we are invited to an induction which includes shadowing one of our sites for three sessions to ensure that all aspects of the role are covered. Alongside this, they will be assigned a mentor who will give regular feedback to again make sure the candidate has settled in the company.