Inspiring children through fun & education
Make Substantial Improvements To PE & Sport Premium With Get Active Sports
What is PE & Sports Premium Funding?
PE & Sport Premium is a Government initiative to make additional and substantial improvements to the quality of PE and sport that your school offers.
Schools must use the funding to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- Run sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools
You should not use your funding to:
- Employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover planning preparation and assessment (PPA) arrangements – these should come out of your core staffing budgets
- Teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum – including those specified for swimming (or, in the case of academies and free schools, to teach your existing PE curriculum)
We strive to give schools gold star marks
Get Active will do everything required for your school to receive the best possible Ofsted inspection for PE plus ensure your school receives a gold in their Sports Mark.
We can either be your PE Lead or work very closely with your PE Lead on the following:
- How to use sports premium funding effectively
- Planning to implement and embed this in the school
- Formation and implementation of sports council
- Level 1 (own school) tournaments
- Level 2 event try out and training plan/scheduling
- Long, medium and short term plans
- Whole school overviews/curriculum map
- Sports day/week planning
- Sainsbury’s School Games kite mark support/action plan
- Able and talented support (sports)
- Lunch club strategic planning
- Playground/lunch time activity stations (support and training)
- Sports and SMSC links
- Continuous CPD from Get Active
- Up to date DBS, 1st aid and Child Protection for all staff
- Staff payroll and pension
Our coaches will help you hit your target
As well as all the benefits listed above you will be taking on the services of over 50 coaches so you can be assured if your lead coach is off sick you will receive a coach with the same qualifications if not more.
Every School will be different in the level of support they require depending on the amount of pupils.
Please contact us to discuss the best package for your school.