Get Active Sports
At Get Active Sports we respect the privacy of the children attending our clubs and the privacy of their parents or carers. The personal information that we collect about you and your child is used only to provide appropriate care for them, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our legal basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is under your consent and for legitimate interests to allow us to keep you informed and safeguard your child.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required will be removed or changed upon your request. At no point will personal information be passed on to third parties unless specified below.
Any personal information that is processed and handled will be done so in line with your consent and for the legitimate interests and safeguarding of all involved. We will use any details you give us to contact you via phone, email and social media and so that we can contact you with any changes or updates to a club, in case of emergency, send you information about your child, our Club and other relevant news, and also so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- Have a safeguarding concern about your child
- Are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- Have obtained your prior permission.
- Work with the school your child’s club is at.
Personal information will be also shared with Kids Club HQ to process data on our behalf (eg to take online bookings and ensure we have relevant information as outlined by Ofsted) and Mail Chimp to send information and updates on clubs. World Pay is the system used to process payments.
All organisations privacy statements are available online:
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- We will not be able to continue to care for your child if we do not have sufficient information about them.
- Even after your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so can’t delete everything immediately.
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
* We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of complaints, accidents, and attendance) for set periods of time after your child ceases to be in our care, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.